It's been brought to my attention that my poor little blog is neglected. I know - this saddens me too. I'd like to be able to make a good, strong committment to being better, updating regularly and keeping the family informed on our current events. I'd like to... but I'm not sure if I can take on that big of a commitment. For now, I'll say I will try to do better. :o)
We'll start with the move.
Our little family has relocated to the land of Bountiful. We are currently residing in the lower quarters of my inlaws home. It's cozy, and we're grateful that we are few in numbers, because not many more of us would be able to fit as comfortably as we do now. We will continue living underground until the end of November, when Mary Louise and Linford will embark on the next adventure in their lives, serving for the church with young single adults in the Belgium - Netherlands mission!
They are so excited to go, and we're excited for them! We moved out here just as they were putting the finishing touches on their mission papers. It was so fun listening to them talk about where they wanted to go and what they wanted to do. It was also fun to hide their call from them when they came home from vacation, secretly invite the local family over for dinner, arrange skype and speaker phones for the not so local and surprise mums and pops with their letter without them knowing it had been here for 5 days. Good times.
So far, so good here in the land of Bountiful. We really like the ward, Tim knows and loves the area and I'm trying to remember where things are so I don't have to look up the address to the bank every time I need to go. I can EASILY find my way to Taco Bell so that's all that really matters.... right?
Alyssa's favorite part? She has many, of course - living with a set of granparents upstairs, new friends at church, a new pool to swim at, park play dates. But the best one?
Little girl friend loves her swingset. By about 6:00 at night, the swingset it 100% in the shade. We head out there with her pink little baseball bat, some horshoes and her velcro mits and spend the rest of the night playing outside. It's perfect.
I thought I would have a hard time adjusting to life out here. I've lived on the good ol' west side for almost 19 years. Um... that's a pretty good portion of my life. But I don't feel out of place here. I feel at home. That feeling came almost immediately and it didn't take me long to realize that it was because I have my little family with me. Home is with my hubbs and my Alyssa. As long as I have them, I'm fairly confident that I could set up home anywhere.
And it doens't hurt to have a Taco Bell close by either.
4 comments:
love the swingset pics, so cute. I can't believe how big she looks and her hair is SO long.
glad to hear that you are liking your new place, and that is awesome about Tim's parents mission call. I LOVE that you guys hid their call from them too!!
hope you are doing good, we need to get together and play again! miss you!
Cass, I'm so glad things are going well for you guys! We sure miss you, though!! We should plan a leatherby's date soon! Peppermint sundae...mmmmmm.
Sniff, sniff...how will I go on without you down the street? I'm sure I don't know - CURSE YOU LAND OF BOUNTIFUL!!! Outside of my own selfish reasons, I am glad the Bountiful is good for the Strands:)
I love Bountiful. It has been a great place for my daughter and I. There are many great food places in Bountiful as well. It is nice to be in a "smaller" city yet next door to Salt Lake City.
If you haven't already tru.
Spankys on 2600 S
Oranage Peal on 2600 S
Nielsons on 2600 S
Robantinos on HWY 89 or 500 W.
Dairy Anns on HWY 89 or 500 W
Just a few of my Fave; hopefully Bountiful is good to you.
Post a Comment