Friday, October 26, 2007

Cassie's Confessions

Why is it that 3 months ago when we first put our house up for sale, and I was doing such a FABULOUS job at keeping it clean, that NOBODY popped in for a visit? And NOW when I've stopped caring and fallen back in to my normal mode of I'll-clean-when-I-feel-like-it that people think they need to pay me a visit? Doesn't anybody call anymore when they're coming over? Seriously, within the last 3 weeks I've had 2 visits from the RS pres (LOVE HER), a visit from the young women doing a service project (there was plenty to do here), and the primary presidents hubby dropped by some music. Not to mention the numerous family members that have decided to grace me with their presence. Don't judge me. Who hasn't had piles of laundry to fold tossed throughout their living room at one time or another? Who hasn't opened their closet and shoved as much crap as they possibly could in there? Who hasn't tossed dirty dishes in the oven or in a laundry basket in the garage when they've had last minute guests? Well, actually I could name a few people who probably haven't: Sam (she actually LOVES to clean, must be an illness), probably Aunt Jan and Grandma Betty wouldn't do something like that, either. FINE! I confess! I totally do stuff like that! And that's IF I know someone is coming over. Sorry folks, if you don't call, you get what you get. If there's not a place for you to sit because BOTH my couches are literally covered in clothes, shove them aside and make your self comfy. In fact, grab a basket and start folding! Now to give some peace of mind. You don't have to be afraid to eat food that comes from here. Before I cook, my kitchen HAS to be clean. I CAN NOT STAND cooking (at all really) if the sink is over flowing with dishes. So if I bring you dinner, it's safe. I promise. It came from a clean kitchen. However, that is also one of the reasons I don't cook often (ever really). I also HATE to do dishes. Now that y'all know yet another one of my dirty little secrets, guess what? My house is clean today! Come on over! You can see the floor in the living room and clear down my hallway. My laundry is done, Alyssa's room is clean and my bed is made. You can see what color my kitchen counter is, find my stove and see the top of my table. However, if you have to use the bathroom, don't open any of the drawers, cabinets or closet. XOXOXO!

9 comments:

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

I think you just described my house today. It is an absolute disaster zone. Dwight took all the kids for a few hours. I thought this would give me time to clean, but I don't even know where to start. So instead, I sit here blogging--the house can wait (we don't have scheduled guests until next week :)

Samantha said...

Oh, my gosh, Cass! You crack me up. Hollie thought I had lost my bloomin' mind because I'm sitting here laughing right out loud at the computer screen. I agree, however, that it is an illness. I must admit that I RARELY fold laundry, though. We usually use the clean laundry right out of the basket until it's empty. So, there's my confession. I'd rather scrub 10 toilets than fold a load of laundry.

Danielle said...

You crack me up! Seriously, I think I just pee'd a little from laughing so hard.

Kaarina said...

Cass...you are fabulous. I know you learned that shove the dirty dishes in the oven from me. Just don't turn the oven on when you do decide to make dinner without checking the oven first. There is nothing like the smell of melting plastic on the bottem of the oven... (for months and months)

Leisha said...

roflmbo. You are so funny Cassie. I love it! I too do the same thing and die when the doorbell rings unexpectedly. There have been, on more than one occassion, times that I have Landon hiding with me in the half bath hoping they didn't see us through the half glass door as we ran by. I agree. Please, please call ahead or you get what you get! So funny.

mommyoffour said...

You are hilarious girl!! I have a friend who is a clean freak and she has been close to nervous breakdowns too many times. Life is too short, let the laundry sit for awhile and play with the kids, right?! Or better yet, take a nap, the laundry isn't going anywhere! :)

Unknown said...

I swear I left a comment...humph. Thank you for making ME feel NORMAL...you saw my house today...GROSS and cuck. Hehehe, I love you!

Renee said...

Your post was awesome! I had a pan I shoved in my oven when Angela came over today! hee hee...

The Uffens Family said...

It is nice to feel a little more like everyone else! I have to admit that I never think about using the oven. I'll have to try it out. My fear is that I'd find something REALLY gross in there in about 2 months when I finally decide to cook something in the oven!