Sunday, May 31, 2009

Shocking!

Alyssa gave a talk in primary today. I was SHOCKED! In January she was asked to give the theme, and she totally chickened out. Wouldn't even let Tim hold her by the microphone. Today, she stood up all by herself on the double stacked step-stool, and repeated everything I said to her. I'm so proud of that little girl! She's grown up so much in the last 5 months, becoming more and more independent. It used to make me sad to think my baby is now a little girl, and it occasionally still does. But more I'm proud of the progress she's making, doing things now that use to scare her or make her nervous. I love you Lys, you make me a proud mama!
ps - When I took this picture of her (to mark this momentous occasion) she was going crazy for the camera. The faces and posing? Wow. Just wait for those!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

look how grown up she is! she is so cute! did she even reach the microphone?? ha ha ha!! love her and miss her!

Laura Jansson said...

Go Alyssa!!! I love when the Sunbeams are brave enough to give a talk! Cas, she is just a beautiful little girl--she's gotten so big!

Amanda said...

Holy Cow!!! She looks so old in this picture. I can't believe how big she is!

Kaarina said...

Way to go Lys, you little genius you!

Unknown said...

I am shocked and oh so proud of her...she is a dawl face.