Well, the transplant has been rescheduled. To Friday. This Friday. The 18th. "Just four days" sooner than before. (Four days can be a BIG deal people!) Luckily, everything worked out for our donor and us to be able to have the surgery done sooner. Kids are taken care of, food is prepared. Now we just have to mentally be ready for Friday.
The thing that has amazed me the most throughout this process, is how selfless some people are. To even seriously consider donating an organ to someone, to me, is amazing. To actually go through all the testing, do all the research and still want to help? Knowing the sacrifice you're making for somebody else? There are no words. "Grateful" doesn't seem to adequately describe what we're feeling.
The only thing I've been able to compare these feelings with, are the thoughts and feelings we have for Alyssa's birth mother. We have been blessed to know two remarkable women. One who gave us our daughter. Another giving Tim a kidney and a certain quality of life most of us take for granted. Nothing we can do will ever repay what has been given us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
That's great news! I'm sure you'll keep the "blog" world posted on the surgery. You'll be in our prayers. My dad is a liver recipient so I know a little of what you're going through. Best of luck!
I'm excited for you guys! It is an awesome thing isn't it?? I agree, your donor is amazing! Love her!
YEAH! good luck and I wish both a speedy recovery!!!
That is such great news - your little family deserves only the best. We'll be thinking of you on Friday for sure!!
Glad to hear the change is going to work out fine. You definitely have two amazing women helping your family thru this life!
PS. Your blog background is really cute. -Jessica
Oh-My-Goodness! I'm so excited for you guys! What can I do? Name it, & I'll do it! Love you, I'll put your names in the temple again! :)
Good luck!! I hope all goes well. We will definately keep you guys in our prayers.
I'm not even "seriously" involved int he process and I've been so emotional. We are all soooo incredibly happy for your family. And amazed and in awe of the "donor" too!!! I too don't have words for her. She's the most selfless person I know! Love you guys, you'll be in our prayers tomarrow!!!
Such fabulous news. We'll pray that everything goes smoothly for Tim and for the donor. I'll be calling to see what I can do to help so have something for me :-)
Oh, I am just so excited and happy for you guys! You'll definitely remain in our prayers! I hope all goes well tomorrow!:)
Oh my, I really really really want to call you right now and wish you the best of luck and let you know that you are in our prayers. I am hoping you are trying to get some sleep, but chance are... I would be safe to call.
We love your little family and will keep you in our prayers.
I am so happy for you, Tim and Cassie! We are thinking of you and praying for you.
Post a Comment