Sunday, January 24, 2010

Mommy, will you play with me?

Words I never hear come from Alyssa's mouth. She is famous for entertaining herself for hours on end. For example, a few months ago I was down with a crappy sore throat/cold. I laid down on the couch and told Alyssa that I was going to take a little snooze. She said that was fine and she would just be coloring in her room. Well... four hours later I get off the couch and she is still in her room coloring. She would come out from time to time and show me her creations, but other than that I didn't really see her. Self - entertaining.
This week was different. The poor girl had her turn to have the crappy cold. Note, I did not say "down" with a cold. Not much gets her down, certainly not a silly cold. She was just as playful as usual, but unfortunately couldn't go to preschool or dance OR play in the snow (devasting for her). Not having her normal social schedule... well the girl needs to see her friends. She did inform me that "all her kids at preschool will say 'where's Alyssa?' and they will miss her."
By about Tuesday afternoon I started hearing "um... Mommy? Will you play polly pockets with me?" Uh... what? Me? You actually WANT to play with ME?!?! Well hot dog, absolutely I will!
Polly pockets was the most favored of our play time. Let it be known, that I am not allowed to be Cinderella. Not only that, but none of the princesses are allowed to wear their own clothes. They have to share. All of them.
I will admit, after about the 19th session of polly pockets, I thought I'd had enough of it. I tried to get her to do something else with me, but she her mind was made up. Polly pockets it is.
That girl is such a character. Everyday was another princess' "marrying day." They have magic dresses and pajammie dresses. Sometimes when they kiss a frog they turn into a frog, and sometimes they turn in to a mouse. They have slumber parties and have to rescue eachother from Ursula or Mergona. The stories are never ending. I absolutely adore her imagination.
This week was pretty relaxing considering the bit of sickness that decided to come for a few days.
Since we didn't go anywhere my house looks amazing!
Alyssa is feeling much better and is looking forward to preschool tomorrow.
She's also looking forward to a little more fun out in the snow when she's "all the way, all better."

1 comments:

Kaarina said...

Glad you both are feeling better, oh....except for the, um, ya that...ugh. Heres to polly pockets, army guys and imaginary sisters, love it!