Thursday, February 19, 2009

Knock On Wood

Dare I even say it? Yes, I believe I dare. Alyssa is potty trained! About three weeks ago I bought some play-dough (or "potato" as Alyssa calls it) at the store. I came home, put it on the counter and didn't say anything of it to Alyssa. Of course she found it, rather quickly, and wanted to play with it - NOW. I said something way clever, like... "you have to go on the potty before you get to play with the "potato." She looked up at me, kind like she was trying to figure out if it was going to be worth it. Off she went. Cruised in to the bathroom, dropped her drawers and did her business. Twosies proved a little more difficult. The first day was a piece of cake because she would get a bucket of play-dough beach accessories if she was successful. Day two and three... I scooped her up, told her if she did the job on the potty we would go to the store and buy her whatever she wanted. She asked for a pony. Luckily for me, she was talking My Little Pony. I bought her two of them. 1 trip to the mall. Multiple trips to grandparents and aunties. 3 restaurants. 2 Sundays at church. Several craft stores. The Target and the grocery store. A TRIP TO LOGAN OVERNIGHT!!! 21 days. 0 accidents. Good-bye diapers. Hello to the extra $40 a month. Ponies and "potatoes?" I love you.

6 comments:

Amelia said...

Jealous. So very, very jealous.

Bree said...

Ah I am so very jealous as well!

Unknown said...

YEAH!!! SUCH A GREAT FEELING isnt it??? do they even make panties SO small for Lyssas bum?? lol!!

Leisha said...

Way to go Alyssa! Can I send Kate over? I will even provide you with plenty of Pony's and potatoes to bribe her. I can't handle the potty training thing at all. A few times peeing on the floor and I am over it. We don't try again for a week. Gah.

Matt & Andrea said...

Wow. Do you think it would work with Matt on putting dirty dishes in the sink?

kimberly said...

YEAH!!