Thursday, February 12, 2009

Starting up again

I've decided to start teaching piano lessons again. I got burned out of teaching a while ago, but it's been long enough now that I'm actually excited thinking about it. I'm probably going to change up a bit of what I've done in the past, keeping it more interesting for both my students and myself. Lots of ideas running, need to get it finalized. I'm also thinking about taking lessons again myself. As we started ward choir a few weeks ago I noticed my sight reading skills have more than gone down hill, along with other things. Ug, that's disappointing. I didn't take piano lessons for 15 years to suck now. I think I'll give my mother-in-law a call. She's pretty stellar on the piano. Anywho, if you know anyone looking for a piano teacher, have them give me a call. ps I accidentally deleted this post while trying to delete the singing valentines post. Oops! So comments are gone, but I remember them and I'll be making calls.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

i just might have to send anika to you in the fall, she will be FIVE then!! isnt that when you take them?????

oh wait maybe we will have to BUY a piano by then too!!!

Mostly Jessica said...

If ZJ was old enough I'd totally be sending him over!

Unknown said...

How old do you take? Can you teach me and my kid? Would love that. Then maybe hubbs would get us a piano.

Renee said...

I seriously doubt that you could ever suck at the piano - Um, you can play with your forearm! :)

Danielle said...

Your kitchen looks amazing! You are so stinkin' talented. What age do you think is good to start piano lessons? Most people say when kids start reading? So, kindergarten-ish?

The Lyu-Lyu Family said...

Hey I would love to take lessons I might let my daughter do it as well. How old do they have to be. How much do you charge. Since I don't see you at work anymore can you email me traceylyu@gmail.com. Where do you live?