Friday, August 17, 2007

Permission or Forgiveness

That is the question of the day. Is it better to ask for forgiveness or ask permission? Obviously, it depends on the situation. But in the little things that really don't have THAT much effect on your long term life outcome. For example, if I see a cute outfit for Alyssa and I buy it. Unfortunately for me, Tim pays attention to that sort of thing. I don't call and ask. I just purchase. Then I say something like "I'm sorry, but doesn't she look SO cute in it?" Usually I'm off the hook. So I ask you, how far do YOU take this sort of thing? I'm curious.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Definitely FORGIVENESS. I recently spent a fairly large sum of money (on a credit card) for some schtuff I needed for photography. Um, yeah I didn't ask because it would have taken weeks to convince said hubby. I have to say it went over better asking for forgiveness...not something I do often.

Unknown said...

I too say it is easier to ask for forgivness too! :)

Hasn't Tim done that to you a few times as well???? :)

Jennifer said...

The story alone makes me giggle. Usually on big things I ask first because Jordan would catch some serious grief if he did that to me. But little things here and there I would say forgiveness wins.

Leisha said...

Hmmm. I am torn. Depends on the situation. We used to have a dollar amount that was good to go-no discussion needed. For some reason it keeps going down now that I stay at home :-) In those instances, forgiveness. If I got ALL of the photo equipment I really wanted though without discussing it first. . .well, I wouldn't be here to enjoy it. lol I go with "permission" although I like to say "discussion" first just for the guilt factor. And when that doesn't work just turn the guilt factor around. :-)

mommyoffour said...

Large dollared items, definitely permission. Other things (whether they are important or not), definitely forgiveness! :)